1. Cartoon – The adoration of the Magi – Tony Abbott worshipping THE ECONOMY , while standing on Australia, which is held up by the Australian people.
Activity 1 –
ACTIVITY ONE: Draw from the readings and material covered in class to create a digital or traditional collage that reflects your understanding of what visual culture is/can be
- eyes – many different eyes – (maybe a gif or other animation) – as they progress – they expand till there is just one eye, and finally just the iris and pupil – with images appearing within the pupil – finally – the image changes – same image maybe – but different perspective – or appropriation of the one image – or crops of various parts of the image to simulate the eye’s path throught the image.
Major Project – The New Wilderness Installation
Symbolic object – the tent
Ideas for the tent
- – images of tents throughout history and culture – projected, or printed and overlaid on the space/floor –
- Tents of the future – what would they look like
- What have tents been used for throughout history.
- Images of tents from different eras and cultures – projected from the inside onto the side/roof of a tent so they become visible from the outside.
- Traditional and non-traditional tents – e.g. teepee, tent dress, army-style tent, – models or full-sized replicas, or pictures. Image source: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/44/a9/73/44a97395524910075514fbecb21f67e9.jpg